2/6/04

Ed Broadbent - NDP Candidate for Ottawa Centre: "Moving into the Campaign Office It was somewhere around –35 degrees Celsius, I was stranded beside a 20 year old pickup truck loaded with campaign office furniture, and all I could think of was “where’s Shirley Douglas when you need her?” Let me begin by saying that I know nothing about trucks. Except that driving around this old beat up borrowed one-ton helped me get in touch with the big butch of a man’s man that lives somewhere under my yuppie Glebe demeanor. Something about that big roaring engine that lurches into gear like a rodeo bull, and the satisfaction of being able to throw anything in the back and haul ‘er away. Except when it doesn’t start. That’s when the big butch of a man’s man shrinks back into the yuppie Glebe shell."

No comments: