5/29/04


Went to the 25th anniversary celebration of my elementary school on Friday night. This made it my third trip to the deep suburbs in three days. I'm using up my quota awfully fast. It is strange to go back to an elementary school and look at the pictures and realize how young many of your teachers were. I bumped into some teachers who remembered me but it is an awkward conversation. So, you got bigger, moved on to another school, then university, then work, I haven't seen you since I was 11. While have a nice day. I remembered the physical plant aspects more that the people. What the library looked like, the feel of the halls, how long it used to seem to walk from the school to the playground, the sloping tree we used to run up as a contest. It was worn smooth from generations of kids feet. Rushing to school in the morning on your bike to get the first slot in the bike rack. Riding my bike through the paths in the forest or going to a friends house for lunch. A short stroll down memory lane but interesting none the less. Posted by Hello

No comments: