7/2/05

.:. procycling .:.: "Jan Ullrich, winner of the 1997 Tour de France, has consistently been Lance Armstrong's biggest rival at the race and the German looks in better shape than ever. But Ullrich suffered a setback on Friday morning, suffering a training crash that left him with neck wounds after his head smashed through the rear window of his team car. His T-Mobile team, however, say that there is no serious damage done."

This really is a great official statement. I was going fast enough to put my bare head through the back window of the car I was following but it was just a flesh wound. The fact I have to ride 2100+ km in the next 22 days with whiplash won't affect my performance at all.

It's a shame. If T-Mobile falls back there aren't a lot of teams who can challenge Armstrong.

No comments: