1/6/07

Setting public goals

Success in many things is helped along by friends and family. In that vein here are three of my goals for the year 2007. They involve running even though my life is not endangered and fall under the general health and fitness category. I'm hoping to retire the "picked last in gym class" t-shirt. :-) The possibilities for gear fetishism will likely be the subject of another post.

Vancouver Sun Run April 15, 2007 (sub 52 minutes)

BMO Vancouver Half Marathon - May 6, 2007 (sub 2 hrs. 10 min)

Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon - June 24, 2007 (sub 2 hours)

Useful resources I discovered while researching and considering this decision.

Royal Victoria Half Marathon/Marathon training schedules

Marathon Rookie

Half Marathon Training with Hal Higdon

Sun Run Training Clinics

Comments, suggestions, encouragement and training partners welcomed.

The general comments about my state of mind position has already been filled by one of my close friends who replied that my ability to run 21.08 km had no relation to the whether or not I was crazy. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're crazy. Why don't you just play ulti 3 times a week instead? Better than running for no purpose.