9/20/07

The highs and lows

I was having a philosophical discussion with Felicity before bed coming out of a book I was using to as a trigger for bedtime stories called Sophie's World. In it a young girl begins to receive mail that turns into a course on philosophy. The first package contains two index cards. Question 1 - Who are you? Question 2 - Where does the world come from?

I asked Felicity Who are you? Answer: I have big feet and long legs. (Our conversations can be somewhat tangential ... much like this sentence.)

Time passes and the plot advances: The second envelope is opened.

Where does the world come from? Felicity looks at me without pausing and says: "From Daddy."

Later in the week I'm trying to get her dressed. She has her green skirt and I'm trying to convince her to wear the orange shirt. She isn't keen about getting dressed to begin with so it is an uphill climb. We're going back and forth on the orange shirt - ... she finally pulls it out of my hand - throws it across the kitchen and says: No, Daddy! It doesn't match! I relate this story to my wife and she says - of course, it doesn't match. Sigh...

No comments: