3/12/04

ESPN.com - NHL - McSorley empathizes with Bertuzzi's plight: "What I believe Todd is thinking is 'what has happened here?'," McSorley told the Province. "He's confused. He's a tough guy who stands up for his teammates and he's now in disbelief as to what's actually happened. Everything goes so fast. And then everything piles on. I couldn't believe how everything blew up, how it grew and had a life of it's own.

"I'm 100 percent sure Todd had zero intention of doing what has actually happened. He wanted to fight the guy, have him turn and face him so he could beat him up like every other hockey fight. When I was going through this, I was amazed how much people refused to listen to hockey people. There were people like [Bobby] Orr and [Gordie] Howe and [Barry] Melrose saying it was an accident but people didn't listen. They didn't want to. There was so much sensationalism. It's a media frenzy."

Anybody see a problem here?

No comments: