12/6/04

I love the Internet sometimes ... while most of the time. It's affect on business and comparison shopping has been amazing. My wife and I finally agreed on a rug we liked for the front room. That takes some doing since generally I pick something and my wife doesn't like it or she picks something and I can't stand it. The caveat being eventually I see the error of my ways and agree that she was right to pick the item she did ... especially if Vern used it in a room on trading spaces. :-)

So back to the carpet....

Bought from a discount store in Delta with a "25% discount" with taxes in - $1025.

Before phoning back and confirming the order we thought we'd google just in case.

Ordered from Rugs USA, with additional shipping charges to deliver it to my door, brokerage fees and taxes... $560.

That's one of the most profitable web searches I've made.

No comments: